If a major emergency develops, EM Center can provide timely information
responding personnel. Contact CMC Emergency Management Staff for more information.
As a First Responder we can provide you:
- 1. Immediate campus situational and emergency notifications/alerts via texts and emails from command centers, field personnel, and or personnel mobile devices.
- 2. SOS emergency notifications from persons to EM Center staff via voice, text, and emails from personal mobile devices, landlines, and or computers.
- 3. Any Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) Integrated Public Alert Warning System (IPAWS) alerts received by EM Center personnel.
EM Center & FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) Alignment:
- 4. Alert and Warning: EM Center supports warning the public and alerting responders to the presence of a particular hazard or critical event.
- 5. Incident Management: EM Center supports command, control, and communication from and to tactical on-scene locations to Emergency Operations Centers including resource tracking/management.
- 6. Communication and Network Infrastructure: EM Center supports communication between interconnected wired and/or wireless networks and commercial systems for voice, text, graphic, video, and/or spatial information
- 7. Vulnerability Analysis and Consequence Assessment: EM Center provides emergency management/response officials with information on natural and infrastructure risks, forecasts incident consequences, and/or facilitates the analysis of the impact of hazards based on demographic data and human needs.
- 8. Information and Analysis: EM Center supports multi-source news/info collection and the production and dissemination of emergency information.
- 9. Physical and Cyber Security, Access Control, and Data Privacy: EM Center is a hardened system and employs an internal data security and privacy engine. Subscriber identification, authentication, and authorization is required for system use. The detection of physical and electronic incursions and is fully integrated and interoperable with responder systems.
- 10. Preparedness: EM Center supports a continuous planning, organizing, training, equipping, exercising, evaluating, and/or taking corrective action better ensure effective coordination during emergency response and recovery.