General Center Information
If a major emergency—such as an earthquake, fire, hazardous material accident or other—occurs,
campus staff will activate the Emergency Operations Center (EOC). When this happens, specially
trained response groups will be activated.
All efforts are designed to protect students, faculty and staff
EVE eMC is a Corporate Portal. Corporate Portals are Cloud/Web-based systems with Internet accessible
software applications (Web Apps). A core feature of EM Center is emergency communication. Subscribers on the
system can SOS voice, text, or email their personal safety status to the system which then alerts Emergency
Managers who will immediately respond.
For mass document distribution, the system supports the storage and public/private access to many different
electronic media types such as video, audio, image, and many document file-types. EVE EMC also supports
task management, resource tracking, expense tracking, event scheduling, personal calendaring, personal file storage, data security, facility profiles,
campus mapping, multiple situation management (local, national, worldwide) and more.
For mass notification, CMC's EM Center is able to send private, public, and priority
messages based on selective filtering to everyone or specific people, groups, regions within
the U.S. and or abroad.
For compliance/certification, CMC's EM Center (EMC) meets or exceeds many standards.
Data Security & Privacy: PCI DSS, Gramm-Bliley-Leach Act,
HIPAA, CERN Computer Security Recommendations.
Datacenter: TIA-934 Tier III, SSAE Type II (SAS 70), HIPAA, PCI, NIST, Safe Harbor.
Emergency Management & Reporting: DHS/FEMA NIMS Recommendations,
OSHA, OSHA Rule 8, Clery Act.
EM Center Cloud/SaaS/Web-based Applications: Task Mgr., Public Calander/Event Mgr., Interactive Threaded Discussion Board,
System Content Mgr., Group & Personal Contacts & Contact Lists Mgr., Billing Mgr., P.O. Generator/Tracker, Expense Tracker, Time Reporter, HTML Content Editor, Asset Mgr.,
Document (digital media including audio/video) Mgr., System Metrics Reporter, RSS/CAP Feed Reader, Subscriber Mgt., Groups Mgr., Newsletter Mgr., Web Links Mgr., Send Mail,
Vendor Account Mgr., Client Account Mgr., Personal Web Favorites Mgr., Personal Files Mgr., Personal Appointments Mgr., Employee/Community Directory, Situation Mgr., Public Message Center,
Interactive Q & A Board, Self Profile/Emergency Contact Mgr., Facility Inventory Safety Mgr., SOS (Voice, Text, Email) Message Mgr., Mass Alert Mgr., Campus/Community Condition Mgr.,
Geospatial Information Viewer, System Administrative (Subscribers, Groups, Look & Feel, Security, etc.) applications.
More Specifically - EM Center Provides:
- 1. Immediate campus situational and emergency notifications/alerts via texts, and emails from command centers, field personnel, and or personnel mobile devices.
- 2. SOS emergency notifications from persons to EM Center staff via voice, text, and emails from personal mobile devices, landlines, and or computers.
- 3. Immediate 24/7 365 access to emergency documents (plans, checklists, bulletins, maps, hazardous inventory, etc.) and other relevant information such as Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) IPAWS alerts.
To Include FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) Alignment:
- 4. Alert and Warning: EM Center supports warning the public and alerting responders to the presence of a particular hazard or critical event.
- 5. Incident Management: EM Center supports command, control, and communication from and to tactical on-scene locations to Emergency Operations Centers including resource tracking/management.
- 6. Communication and Network Infrastructure: EM Center supports communication between interconnected wired and/or wireless networks and commercial systems for voice, text, graphic, video, and/or spatial information
- 7. Vulnerability Analysis and Consequence Assessment: EM Center provides emergency management/response officials with information on natural and infrastructure risks, forecasts incident consequences, and/or facilitates the analysis of the impact of hazards based on demographic data and human needs.
- 8. Information and Analysis: EM Center supports multi-source news/info collection and the production and dissemination of emergency information.
- 9. Physical and Cyber Security, Access Control, and Data Privacy: EM Center is a hardened system and employs an internal data security and privacy engine. Subscriber identification, authentication, and authorization is required for system use. The detection of physical and electronic incursions and is fully integrated and interoperable with responder systems.
- 10. Preparedness: EM Center supports a continuous planning, organizing, training, equipping, exercising, evaluating, and/or taking corrective action better ensure effective coordination during emergency response and recovery.